The Village Of Idridgehay
Categories: Local Information
Click Here To Confirm Details For This Entry
Idridgehay is a village in the English county of Derbyshire.
Idridehay lies south of the town Wirksworth west of the town of Belper in the valley of the River Ecclesbourne. Idridgehay Green is immediately to its west and the hamlet of Ireton Wood a mile to its south.
The village lies on the B5023 road that connects Wirksworth and Duffield. Idridgehay railway station (re-opened in 2008) is on the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway, a community-owned and locally-managed venture aiming to reopen and operate the railway between those towns.
Idridgehay forms part of the civil parish of Idridgehay and Alton which, in turn, forms part of the non-metropolitan district of Amber Valley.
The parish church, St James, was designed by Henry Isaac Stevens and consecrated in 1845
|Upload Files||Update Listing||Search Similar||Advertise|