The Village Of Turnditch
Categories: Local Information
Click Here To Confirm Details For This Entry
Turnditch is a village in Derbyshire around ten miles north of Derby, England on the A517 road from Belper to Ashbourne.
It is built on both sides of the road halfway up the steep climb out of the Ecclesbourne Valley. Nearer to the brow of the hill is a place known as Cross o' th' Hands.
In Norman times it was within Duffield Frith and part of the manor of Duffield. The Church of All Saints was built in the 13th century as a chapel of ease to Duffield, while a Congregational chapel with a Sunday school was erected in 1818.
|Upload Files||Update Listing||Search Similar||Advertise|